Friday 10 April 2009

There is a spider living in my knitting bag

I had a few moments this morning and decided to knit a little bit, and discovered a fairly large brown spider, I don't think it was a wolf spider. The spider and I both remained motionless, it was large enough for me to just pretend I had not seen it, and I closed my bag and retreated. I did manage to get my project from the bag and discovered the remains of web in with my knitting. My project is knitting a super fine mohair with size 4.5mm needle, it is very wispy and holey and I felt like I was now knitting a web, perhaps this is what attracted the spider to my bag. So now, I am now in a little bit of dread, wondering how long can a spider live with out food? Will he/she stay? Return?.... No more blindly digging around :)

1 comment:

  1. Arachne, perhaps? What a beautiful image - spider....web.....mutual awareness....respect....

    ReplyDelete