Sunday 11 July 2010

Finished! Mohair Kit 110

I first found out about Habu when Ryan and I were on our first visit to Maiwa on Granville Island. A little package of a single cone of mohair to make up a whole sweater. I had to buy it and then of course investigate, who is Habu. Yarns like I have never seen before.  Luckily we have been able to carry them and I have to confess that I have several Habu projects on the needles. My latest completion is the mohair sweater, it feels like a light dream when it is on and looks fabulous. I hope the summer evening have a chill to them so I can wear my sweater! At some point I will relinquish it and bring it into the store and share for a bit!


PS. The silk ribbon you see underneath is from a dress from local designer Morena, who has been hand dyeing silk from the shop and incorporating into her garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment