Monday 1 March 2010

Ravelympics cont... and the spin-in


Here it is, my picture does not do it justice. I spun lace weight singles of hand dyed silk, 118 grams and 1112 yards. This will be used one day for the weft in shibori woven scarf. I have now started spinning the warp threads, a little bit tighter to give them strength. I will have to try using sizing or warp the loom like a knitters loom to prevent the singles from twisting on themselves... but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.


Saturday was the annual Victoria Handweavers and Spinners Guild and as usual it was a fantastic event. A roomful of people all spinning away, happy because we all love to spin. Learning from each other and just getting to spend some time with each other! At least one new spinner from the event, was lent a wheel and some wool and away she spun. In total I believe there were over 60 people in attendance!

No comments:

Post a Comment