Sunday 12 July 2009

Living vicariously through my drop spindle

Yesterday two women came in looking for a drop spindle and I had left my laceweight cascade mountain one that I had bought from Pagan Creations. They asked to buy it, I said no sorry, they asked then if they could borrow it. My initial reaction was no, until curiosity got the better of me and I asked why. They are making a film here about a girl from Estonia who spins flax, which explains the girl who came in the previous day needing a small amount to flax for spinning. Who can reisist being a part, even a teeny tiny part of a movie! So now, for a few days I am spindle-less as my spindle plays a small part of the film. I didn't get a chance to find out more details, but I will when the spindle comes back home!

1 comment:

  1. Building an outhouse......owning a drop spindle on way to autographable fame ...... a musk ox sweater wisp.... whew - and wow!

    ReplyDelete