Thursday 21 October 2010

Back to my origins in weaving

About 6 years ago I started getting tendinitis from data entry at work, which in some respects has been a re-occurring curse, but at the same time contributed to what Ryan and I have achieved together. I could no longer knit, which was driving me crazy. Imagine no knitting. Stars were aligned and I was introduced to weaving on an Ashford knitters loom... my yellowbrick road into the world of fibre arts, it led me down the path to spinning, needle felting....KBN...

My injury is cyclical and has flared again, so no knitting, complex weaving, or fine spinning. But I can go back to my good old stand by of weaving on the knitters loom. Going through my handspun stash and weaving simple tabby weave.

This is single ply silk in the warp and handspun single ply cotton. I spun the silk on my Suzie Pro and the cotton on the my charka. I will be deom'ing spinning on the charka at the Cowichan Fleece and Fibre Fair this Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that weaving is easier on such injuries. I can't knit for extended periods before it hurts my hands and wrists. I've just moved but when I'm settled I'd love to get into weaving.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete