Friday 12 February 2010

Ravelympics

I taught a drop spindle class this evening and one of the participants was telling us about Ravelympics. It intrigued me, and since I was starting a new spinning project and there is a group for just spinning, I figured what the hey, my first time joining on on-line crafting event. The idea to challenge yourself. There are 8949 members at the current moment, so 8949 people all challenging themselves over the next two weeks, so laundry may not get done, the dishes may pile up, across the world! Hopefully family members will be supportive of the ravelympics crafters/athletes and hopefully the ravelympics will not be the cause of as many protests as the real one!

Who to join? We donated a small prize to the Bitchy Bee Ravelympics group and I have managed to go twice in the last 2 years, so I joined up with them. I figured they may appreciate having a spinner on their team.

Here is my personal challenge, spinning singles of hand dyed (by myself) bombyx silk roving into a laceweight yarn. Lots and lots of it.

1 comment: