Tuesday 2 December 2008

Saori Weaving


Last summer my mom and I went to Saltspring for a weaving retreat with Terri Bibby, after Ryan and I initially met Terri at the Saltspring Fibre Fest. It was a fantastic weekend of weaving, amazing what you can do with a 2 shaft loom! The philosophy is what really struck a cord with me. Saori translates into zen weaving and once learning this philosophy I have come to apply to many other aspects of my life and fibre creations. Which is another story for another day.

Terri will be coming to Victoria, January 17th to do a one day Saori workshop with us at the studio (you'll get to go down our lovely winding stairs!). If you are interested, please visit one of the following links:

Facebook Ravelry KBN Website

Looms can be provided if registered in advance , so if you are interested, please email me to register at info@kbnfibres.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment